Xmen-the-academy - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Xmen-the-academy > Topics

Subject: Films
Replies: 15 Views: 1096

adtbaby 11.04.08 - 06:22pm
Whats your opinion of the films *

adtbaby 11.04.08 - 06:25pm
They could of done so much more with then in my view and the last one was terrible really because so many key xmen died but i think they did well with storms part *

ms_frost 11.04.08 - 06:43pm
Xavier s not dead. And no one knows what really happened to Scott. And that cure wasnt really forever. And yes the third movie s*cked big time. And im addicted to the word -and-, help me! :) *

adtbaby 11.04.08 - 07:11pm
And lol i think there will be another you could be right about scott and the prof they night come back and then so might jean again and if they do i hope it will have more x men in it and brotherhood to

ms_frost 11.04.08 - 09:18pm
Oh yeah! But honestly, i dont mind seeing mystique in her human form, naked again. :) . . . . she s really pretty. *

adtbaby 12.04.08 - 10:17am
You have a good point there lol i like her mutant form though lol...:-) *

ms_frost 12.04.08 - 10:42am
Yeah, she always looks good. But i think that in her mutant form it d be best if she wore that white dress she wears in the comics. I mean, ok, she didnt have any obvious reason for walking around naked. :) *

ex0dus 12.04.08 - 07:41pm
i really dont know what peoples problems with these movies. I thought they were superb paticulary Sir Ian Mckellan, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and Kelsey Gramer. The complaints most people seemed to be it didnt follow the comics but to be honegst anyone who expected a movie that really followed the comics was just being un-realistic im huge fan and have been for over 15years and I just enjoyed 3 good super heroe movies, you can never please the fan boys they want all the old stories retold 100% faithfully but why would you rather old stories retold rather than new stories with new takes on the characters *

ms_frost 12.04.08 - 09:47pm
You cant retold in 3 movies of almost 2 hours each, what has been going on for five decades, that s for sure, but you cant go and change the whole thing, their background and their powers. I expected to see a new story, not a whole new xmen universe. *

ex0dus 12.04.08 - 10:07pm
whose background did they change? and all of the lead characters had the same powers as in the comics *

adtbaby 12.04.08 - 10:27pm
Well take rogue in the comics books and cartoons she is a grown woman not a teenager and she can fly lol *

ex0dus 12.04.08 - 10:42pm
yeah but her power is the same and her origin i.e. kissing her 1st bf and nearly killing him she just never fought ms marvel and stole her powers as that wouldnt make any sense for them to do that as marvel hasnt introduced ms marvel yet. also the decided quite rightly that a young rogue would appeal to a wider range of people paticulary younger fans who dont know all the back story *

elli 12.04.08 - 10:48pm
I liked the second movie but in general im dissapointed by the small role storm had in all of them.i think thed be better if storm had more clever lines *

ms_frost 12.04.08 - 11:01pm
Who gives a heck about what new fans want? Mystique was loyal and heroic and nightrawler wasnt her son. Isnt this enough? Plus jean wasnt posessed by an alien entity but she was a schizo. And callisto wasnt a morlock. These things are like the basis of the xmen world. Ms marvel s important to the xmen history too. *

lstraven 12.04.08 - 11:21pm
there wasnt time to throw something like ms marvel in when 50-60% of your audience wont knw who she is or what her powers are, they never say mystique isnt nightcrawlers mother thdy just didnt say she was, as again you cant just throw in a sub plot like that about a character who has just been introduced it wouldnt mean anything it would have to happen in a later movie. and with jean in the ultimate xmen which these movies are a lot closer too that was how phoenix was treated there. the bottom line is you cannot make a movie just aimed at comic book fans the fan boys and the like are just too fickle and hard to please you have to try and get then non fans interested *

ex0dus 12.04.08 - 11:28pm
lol I was about to say something like that! I will just add that comic book fan boys are the mst snobbish fans in the world and no sane filmake would build a movie just aimed at the existing fan base you have to attract new people and make new fans *

* Xmen-the-academy Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Xmen-the-academy

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits